Porcelain Veneers Treatment Process
Porcelain veneers are a fantastic option for masking dental flaws like discoloration, gaps between teeth, minor chips, fractures, and mild crookedness. Jackson cosmetic dentist Danny O'Keefe offers porcelain veneers to instantly improve the appearance of your smile. Here is an overview of the porcelain veneer treatment process to help you when considering if veneers are right for you.
Porcelain Veneer Treatment
Once you and your dentist have discussed the results you would like to achieve and if porcelain veneers are suitable for you, the porcelain veneer treatment process can begin.
- Preparing the Porcelain Veneers: The porcelain veneer treatment process begins with the removal of a small amount of enamel from the front surface of the teeth. This allows room for the porcelain veneers. Next, digital impressions are made of the teeth; these impressions serve as models from which the porcelain veneers can be crafted. Then, using CEREC® 3D technology, Dr. O'Keefe creates the fabrications right here in our office. This means that our Jackson porcelain veneers patients can undergo the entire treatment process in just one dental visit. Once the veneers have been made, we can move on to the next step in the porcelain veneers treatment process.
- The Bonding Process: During the bonding stage of the treatment process, the porcelain veneers are firmly secured to the teeth. The tooth, or teeth, to be treated are prepared prior to applying the veneer. The teeth are cleaned and the surface roughened to help with the bonding process. The completed, custom-made porcelain veneer is applied to the tooth so the dentist can check the fit and look of the veneer. If the patient and dentist are satisfied with the fit and appearance, the veneer is adhered to the tooth with a special dental cement. Once in place, the dental cement is hardened with a special light. This light causes the dental cement to harden, creating a secure, durable bond between the porcelain veneer and tooth.
- Porcelain Veneer Treatment Completion: The porcelain veneer treatment process is complete after your dentist has removed any excess bonding material, checked for proper fit, and polished the porcelain veneers. With proper aftercare, the veneers should last for 10 to 15 years before they need to be replaced.
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are suitable for most people and can be used to treat a number of conditions. Candidates for porcelain veneers should have generally healthy teeth and gums with at least one or more of the following conditions:
- Discoloration, including yellowing and staining
- Minor chips or fractures
- Gaps between teeth
- Mild crookedness
- Small teeth or large teeth
- Teeth that are irregularly shaped
- Uneven teeth
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Danny O'Keefe Today
Porcelain veneers are a durable treatment option that can instantly improve your smile and increase your confidence. With porcelain veneers, you can have a beautiful smile almost instantly! Schedule a consultation with Dr. Danny O'Keefe today to see if porcelain veneers are right for you.